What is the antonym of “goodish”?
The antonyms of goodish are bad, poor, and mediocre. These words convey a negative or unsatisfactory quality. They imply that something is not good enough or does not meet expectations.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Of poor quality; not good or desirable.
The food at the restaurant was so bad that we couldn't finish our meal.
Lacking in quality or standard; not good enough.
The company's poor performance led to a decline in profits.
Of only average quality; not very good.
The movie received mediocre reviews and failed to impress the audience.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Bad implies a low quality that is unacceptable or undesirable.
- 2Poor suggests a lack of quality or standard that falls short of expectations.
- 3Mediocre describes something that is only average and not very good.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use these antonyms to express your opinion about something that is not good enough.
- 2Provide Feedback: Incorporate these words in feedback to indicate areas of improvement.
- 3Evaluate Performance: Utilize these antonyms to evaluate the quality of work or performance.
The antonyms of goodish convey a negative or unsatisfactory quality. Bad implies a low quality that is unacceptable, poor suggests a lack of quality that falls short of expectations, and mediocre describes something that is only average. Use these words to express opinions, provide feedback, and evaluate performance.