What is the antonym of “gorgeous”?
The antonyms of gorgeous are ugly and unattractive. The antonyms ugly and unattractive describe something that is not pleasing to look at or lacks beauty.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Unpleasant or repulsive in appearance.
The old, abandoned house was ugly and dilapidated.
Not pleasing or appealing to the senses, especially sight.
The new dress looked unattractive on her and didn't fit well.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ugly is a stronger term than unattractive and implies a more negative connotation.
- 2Unattractive is a milder term than ugly and can be used to describe something that is simply not aesthetically pleasing.
Good things to know
- 1Describing People: Use ugly and unattractive to describe someone's physical appearance.
- 2Describing Objects: Use ugly and unattractive to describe objects that are not visually pleasing.
- 3Giving Opinions: Use these antonyms to express your opinion about something or someone's appearance.