What is the antonym of “growable”?
The antonyms of growable are non-growing and non-productive. The antonyms non-growing and non-productive convey a lack of growth or development. It implies that something is not capable of growing or producing.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not capable of growing or developing.
The desert has a non-growing environment due to the lack of water.
Not capable of producing or yielding results.
The company's new strategy was non-productive and did not increase profits.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Non-growing refers to something that is not capable of growing or developing, while non-productive refers to something that is not capable of producing or yielding results.
- 2Non-growing is often used to describe environments or conditions, while non-productive is often used to describe actions or strategies.
Good things to know
- 1Agriculture: Use non-growing to describe plants that are not capable of growing in certain environments.
- 2Business: Use non-productive to describe actions or strategies that do not yield results.
- 3Science: Use non-growing to describe environments that are not conducive to growth or development.