What is the antonym of “hasky”?
The antonyms of hasky are smooth, clear, and melodious. The antonyms smooth, clear, and melodious convey a positive or pleasant sound. It implies a lack of roughness, harshness, or unpleasantness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having an even and regular surface or consistency; free from roughness or irregularities.
The singer's voice was so smooth that it felt like honey to the ears.
Easily heard, seen, or understood; not obscured or confused.
The radio transmission was clear and audible even in the midst of a storm.
Pleasant-sounding; having a musical quality.
The bird's chirping was so melodious that it lifted everyone's spirits.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Smooth describes a surface or consistency that is even and regular.
- 2Clear describes a sound that is easily heard, seen, or understood.
- 3Melodious describes a sound that is pleasant-sounding and has a musical quality.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use smooth, clear, and melodious to describe sounds effectively.
- 2Show Appreciation: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate admiration for pleasant sounds.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions of sounds and settings.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Smooth describes an even surface, clear describes an easily heard sound, and melodious describes a pleasant-sounding and musical quality. Use these words to enhance communication, show appreciation for pleasant sounds, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions of sounds and settings.