What is the antonym of “home”?
The antonyms of home are workplace and office. The antonyms workplace and office refer to a location where people go to work, whereas home is a place where people live and feel comfortable.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A location where people go to work.
She spends most of her day at the workplace and comes home tired in the evening.
A room or building where people work, typically containing desks, computers, and other equipment.
He works in an office building in the city center and commutes by train every day.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Workplace refers to any location where people go to work, such as a factory, store, or construction site.
- 2Office specifically refers to a room or building where people work at desks, using computers and other equipment.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Building: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 2Job Interviews: Use these words to describe your work environment or ask questions about it.
- 3Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create contrast and vivid descriptions.
The antonyms workplace and office refer to locations where people go to work, while home is a place where people live and feel comfortable. Use these words to expand your vocabulary, describe your work environment, or create contrast in your writing.