What is the antonym of “hottish”?
The antonyms of hottish are cold, chilly, and freezing. These antonyms describe a temperature that is opposite to hot, ranging from cool to freezing.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a low temperature; not warm or hot.
She shivered in the cold wind and wished she had brought a jacket.
Somewhat cold; causing a feeling of mild discomfort or shivering.
The water was chilly but refreshing on a hot day.
Extremely cold; below the freezing point of water.
The freezing temperatures made it difficult to go outside without proper clothing.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cold describes a temperature that is not warm or hot.
- 2Chilly describes a temperature that is somewhat cold and causes mild discomfort or shivering.
- 3Freezing describes an extremely cold temperature that is below the freezing point of water.
Good things to know
- 1Weather: Use these antonyms to describe the temperature outside.
- 2Food and Drinks: Use these antonyms to describe the temperature of food and drinks.
- 3Feelings: Use these antonyms to describe how you feel in different temperatures.