What is the antonym of “hyperirritable”?
The antonyms of hyperirritable are calm and relaxed. The antonyms calm and relaxed convey a state of tranquility, peace, and composure. It implies a lack of agitation, anxiety, or stress.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took deep breaths to stay calm during the job interview.
Free from tension and anxiety; at ease.
After a long day at work, he likes to listen to music and feel relaxed.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm is a general term that describes a state of peace and composure.
- 2Relaxed is a more specific term that describes a state of being free from tension and anxiety.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use calm and relaxed to describe a peaceful state of mind or body.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Calm conveys a general state of peace and composure, while relaxed refers to a state of being free from tension and anxiety. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich storytelling by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.