What is the antonym of “idealness”?
The antonyms of idealness are imperfection and flawedness. These words describe the opposite of perfection, which is the state of being without fault or flaw.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of being flawed or incomplete; the presence of faults or defects.
The artist's painting had a few imperfections, but they added to its charm.
The quality of having faults or defects; the state of being imperfect.
The flawedness of the product was evident in its poor performance.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Imperfection refers to the presence of faults or defects, while flawedness describes the quality of having faults or defects.
- 2Imperfection is a non-gradable antonym, while flawedness is a gradable antonym.
Good things to know
- 1Art: Use imperfection and flawedness to describe art that intentionally incorporates mistakes or irregularities for artistic effect.
- 2Product Reviews: Incorporate these antonyms in product reviews to describe the shortcomings of a product.
- 3Self-Acceptance: Use these words to encourage self-acceptance and embrace one's imperfections.
The antonyms of idealness are imperfection and flawedness. Imperfection refers to the presence of faults or defects, while flawedness describes the quality of having faults or defects. These words can be used in art, product reviews, and to encourage self-acceptance.