Definitions and Examples of assistance, help, aid
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of helping or giving support to someone in need.
The organization provides financial assistance to families affected by natural disasters.
To give aid or support to someone who needs it.
Can you help me carry these boxes to the car?
Assistance or support given to someone in need.
The government provided aid to the victims of the earthquake.
Key Differences: assistance vs help vs aid
- 1Assistance is a noun that describes the act of helping or giving support to someone in need.
- 2Help is a verb that means to give aid or support to someone who needs it.
- 3Aid is a noun that refers to assistance or support given to someone in need.
Effective Usage of assistance, help, aid
- 1Job Search: Use assistance to describe the help you need in finding a job.
- 2Emergency Situations: Use help and aid to describe the support you need in case of an emergency.
- 3Academic Writing: Use assistance to describe the help you received in writing your paper.
The antonyms of impediment are assistance, help, and aid. These words convey the opposite meaning of impediment, which is something that hinders or obstructs progress or movement. Use these words to describe the help or support you need in various contexts, such as job search, emergency situations, and academic writing.