What is the antonym of “imperturbable”?
The antonyms of imperturbable are agitated, disturbed, and excitable. These antonyms describe a state of being easily upset, disturbed, or excited, which is the opposite of being calm and composed.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling or appearing troubled or nervous.
She was so agitated that she couldn't sit still for even a minute.
Having had one's peace, quiet, or privacy intruded upon; feeling anxious or unsettled.
He was disturbed by the loud noise coming from the construction site next door.
Easily excited or aroused; prone to overreacting.
The children were so excitable that they couldn't sit still during the entire class.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Agitated describes a state of being troubled or nervous.
- 2Disturbed describes a state of having one's peace, quiet, or privacy intruded upon.
- 3Excitable describes a state of being easily excited or prone to overreacting.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express emotions effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms of imperturbable describe a state of being easily upset, disturbed, or excited. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich storytelling by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.