What is the antonym of “imperturbed”?
The antonyms of imperturbed are agitated, perturbed, and disturbed. These words convey a state of being restless, anxious, or upset. They are opposite in meaning to imperturbed, which means calm and undisturbed.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling or appearing troubled or nervous; restless or excited.
She was agitated by the loud noises coming from the construction site next door.
Anxious or unsettled; feeling disturbed or upset.
He was perturbed by the news of his friend's illness and couldn't focus on his work.
Feeling or showing signs of mental or emotional distress; agitated or upset.
The loud music from the party next door disturbed her sleep and made her feel irritable.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Agitated implies a state of restlessness or excitement, while perturbed and disturbed suggest a feeling of anxiety or emotional distress.
- 2Perturbed is a milder term than disturbed, which can also imply a more severe or prolonged state of mental or emotional distress.
- 3Imperturbed means calm and undisturbed, while the antonyms agitated, perturbed, and disturbed all convey a sense of restlessness, anxiety, or upset.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express emotions more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these words in your writing to create vivid descriptions and convey characters' emotions effectively.
- 3Enrich Conversations: Utilize these antonyms in conversations to express empathy and understanding.
The antonyms agitated, perturbed, and disturbed convey a state of restlessness, anxiety, or upset, which is opposite in meaning to imperturbed, meaning calm and undisturbed. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your conversations by expressing empathy and understanding.