What is the antonym of “impudently”?
The antonyms of impudently are respectfully and humbly. The antonyms respectfully and humbly convey a positive and polite attitude. It implies a show of respect and humility towards others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a manner that shows politeness and deference to others.
He spoke respectfully to his elders and addressed them as 'sir' or 'ma'am'.
In a manner that shows modesty and lack of pride.
She accepted the award humbly and thanked her team for their support.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Respectfully is used to show politeness and deference towards others.
- 2Humbly is used to show modesty and lack of pride in oneself.
Good things to know
- 1Formal Settings: Use respectfully to address superiors, elders, or in formal settings.
- 2Apologies: Use humbly to apologize for mistakes or errors.
- 3Acknowledgments: Use respectfully and humbly to acknowledge the contributions of others.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Respectfully conveys politeness and deference, while humbly denotes modesty and lack of pride. Use these words in formal settings, apologies, and acknowledgments to show respect and humility towards others.