What is the antonym of “indeterminate”?
The antonyms of indeterminate are determinate, definite, and clear. These words convey a sense of certainty, clarity, and specificity.
See all the antonyms of “indeterminate”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a fixed or known value, quantity, or character.
The length of the rectangle was determinate and could be easily calculated.
Clearly defined or determined; not vague or uncertain.
The meeting time was definite and everyone knew when to arrive.
Easily understood or perceived; free from ambiguity or obscurity.
The instructions were clear and easy to follow.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Determinate implies a fixed or known value, while indeterminate suggests an unknown or variable value.
- 2Definite conveys a clear and specific meaning, while indeterminate implies a lack of clarity or specificity.
- 3Clear suggests that something is easy to understand or perceive, while indeterminate suggests that something is ambiguous or unclear.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use determinate, definite, and clear to convey precise meanings in research papers and essays.
- 2Business Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in emails and reports to communicate ideas clearly and effectively.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Utilize these antonyms in daily conversations to express thoughts and ideas with clarity and precision.