Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having made a firm decision and being resolved not to change it.
She was determined to finish the marathon, no matter how hard it got.
Having made a choice or reached a conclusion after careful consideration.
After weighing all the options, they decided to go on a road trip instead of flying.
Firmly established or fixed; not likely to change.
After years of moving around, she finally found a place where she felt settled.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Determined implies a strong will and unwavering commitment to a goal.
- 2Decided suggests a thoughtful and deliberate choice or conclusion.
- 3Settled conveys a sense of permanence and stability.
Good things to know
- 1Decision Making: Use these antonyms to express different levels of certainty in decision making.
- 2Goal Setting: Incorporate these antonyms to describe different stages of goal setting and achievement.
- 3Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create characters with distinct personalities and motivations.