What is the antonym of “indevoted”?
The antonyms of indevoted are devoted, faithful, and loyal. These words describe a person's level of commitment, dedication, and loyalty to someone or something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Loyal, loving, and committed to someone or something.
She was devoted to her family and always put their needs before her own.
Loyal, reliable, and steadfast in support or allegiance.
He remained faithful to his wife even during difficult times.
Showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person, group, or cause.
The dog was loyal to its owner and never left their side.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Devoted implies a strong emotional attachment and willingness to sacrifice for someone or something.
- 2Faithful emphasizes reliability and steadfastness in support or allegiance.
- 3Loyal suggests a sense of duty and unwavering commitment to a person, group, or cause.
Good things to know
- 1Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe the level of commitment and loyalty in personal relationships.
- 2Workplace: Incorporate these words to describe an employee's dedication and loyalty to their job or company.
- 3Politics: Utilize these antonyms to describe a politician's loyalty and support to their party or constituents.
The antonyms devoted, faithful, and loyal describe a person's level of commitment, dedication, and loyalty. Devoted implies strong emotional attachment, faithful emphasizes reliability, and loyal suggests a sense of duty. Use these words to describe personal relationships, workplace dedication, and political loyalty.