What is the antonym of “indulgently”?
The antonyms of indulgently are strictly, harshly, and severely. These antonyms convey a different approach to handling situations or people. While indulgently implies leniency, strictly, harshly, and severely suggest a more rigid or severe approach.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a way that is precise and adheres to rules or regulations without exception.
The teacher graded the exam strictly according to the rubric.
In a way that is unkind, cruel, or severe.
The coach criticized the player harshly for making a mistake during the game.
In a way that is extremely strict or harsh.
The judge sentenced the criminal severely for committing a heinous crime.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Strictly implies adherence to rules or regulations without exception.
- 2Harshly suggests an unkind, cruel, or severe approach.
- 3Severely conveys an extremely strict or harsh approach.
Good things to know
- 1Parenting: Use these antonyms to describe different parenting styles.
- 2Education: Incorporate these antonyms to describe different teaching methods.
- 3Workplace: Utilize these antonyms to describe different management styles.
The antonyms of indulgently have distinct nuances: Strictly implies adherence to rules, harshly suggests an unkind approach, and severely conveys an extremely strict approach. These antonyms can be used in various contexts such as parenting, education, and workplace to describe different approaches.