What is the antonym of “inharmonical”?
The antonyms of inharmonical are harmonious and melodious. The antonyms harmonious and melodious convey a positive and pleasing sound or musical quality. It implies a sense of balance, agreement, and pleasantness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Agreeing or blending well in sound; pleasant to the ear.
The choir's voices were so harmonious that it gave everyone goosebumps.
Having a pleasant tune or melody; musical.
The bird's melodious chirping woke me up early in the morning.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Harmonious refers to sounds that blend well together, creating a pleasing effect.
- 2Melodious refers to sounds that have a pleasant tune or melody.
Good things to know
- 1Music: Use harmonious and melodious to describe music that is pleasing to the ear.
- 2Nature: Use melodious to describe the sounds of birds, waterfalls, and other natural phenomena.
- 3Speech: Use harmonious to describe a speech that is well-organized and flows smoothly.