What is the antonym of “instalment”?
The antonyms of instalment are lump sum and full payment. The antonyms lump sum and full payment convey a complete or one-time payment, as opposed to a partial or periodic payment.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
He received a lump sum of money from his inheritance and decided to invest it in stocks.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Lump sum refers to a complete payment made at once, while instalment refers to a partial payment made periodically.
- 2Full payment refers to the total amount due for a product or service, paid in one transaction, while instalment refers to a payment plan that spreads the cost over time.
Good things to know
- 1Financial Planning: Use these antonyms to discuss payment options and budgeting strategies.
- 2Consumerism: Incorporate these antonyms when making purchases or negotiating contracts.
- 3Business Transactions: Utilize these antonyms in business transactions such as loans, investments, and contracts.
The antonyms lump sum and full payment refer to complete or one-time payments, while instalment refers to partial or periodic payments. Use these words to discuss financial planning, consumerism, and business transactions.