What is the antonym of “insulated”?
The antonym of insulated are exposed, unprotected, and vulnerable. These words convey a lack of protection or safety.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not protected or covered; open to harm or danger.
The hiker was exposed to the harsh weather conditions without proper gear.
Not shielded or guarded; vulnerable to harm or damage.
The computer system was left unprotected from cyber attacks, making it an easy target.
Open to physical or emotional harm; susceptible to attack or damage.
The elderly are more vulnerable to diseases and infections due to their weakened immune system.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Exposed implies a lack of cover or protection, often in a physical sense.
- 2Unprotected suggests a lack of safeguarding or defense against potential harm.
- 3Vulnerable conveys a state of being easily harmed or attacked, either physically or emotionally.
Good things to know
- 1Safety Precautions: Use these antonyms to describe unsafe situations and encourage taking necessary precautions.
- 2Risk Assessment: Incorporate these words in discussions about potential risks and hazards.
- 3Problem Solving: Utilize these antonyms to identify areas that need protection or improvement.
The antonyms of insulated are exposed, unprotected, and vulnerable. These words describe a lack of protection or safety. Use them to discuss safety precautions, risk assessment, and problem-solving.