What is the antonym of “intranquil”?
The antonyms of intranquil are calm and tranquil. The antonyms calm and tranquil convey a sense of peace, serenity, and absence of disturbance or agitation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a deep breath and tried to remain calm despite the chaos around her.
Free from disturbance; calm.
The lake was so tranquil that it reflected the mountains and the sky like a mirror.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm refers to a state of mind or environment that is free from agitation or disturbance.
- 2Tranquil emphasizes the absence of disturbance or noise, creating a sense of peace and serenity.
Good things to know
- 1Mental Health: Use calm and tranquil to describe a peaceful state of mind or environment.
- 2Nature: Use tranquil to describe a peaceful natural setting, such as a lake or forest.
- 3Conflict Resolution: Use calm to encourage others to remain composed and level-headed during disagreements or conflicts.
The antonyms of intranquil are calm and tranquil. Use calm to describe a state of mind or environment that is free from agitation or disturbance. Use tranquil to emphasize the absence of disturbance or noise, creating a sense of peace and serenity. These words can be used in mental health contexts, nature descriptions, and conflict resolution situations.