What is the antonym of “invariability”?
The antonyms of invariability are variability and changeability. These words describe the opposite of something that is unchanging or constant. They imply a state of being subject to change, variation, or alteration.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being subject to change or variation.
The weather in this region is known for its variability, with sudden changes in temperature and precipitation.
The quality or state of being capable of change or alteration.
The success of a business depends on its ability to adapt to the changeability of the market and consumer needs.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Variability implies a tendency to change or vary, often in an unpredictable manner.
- 2Changeability suggests a capacity for change or alteration, often in response to external factors.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use variability to describe the range of values in a set of data or observations.
- 2Business: Use changeability to describe the need for adaptability and flexibility in a competitive market.
- 3Weather: Use variability to describe the fluctuations in weather patterns and conditions.