What is the antonym of “invulnerable”?
The antonym of invulnerable is vulnerable, exposed, and weak. The antonyms vulnerable, exposed, and weak convey a lack of protection or defense. It implies a susceptibility to harm, injury, or attack.
See all the antonyms of “invulnerable”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Open to physical or emotional harm; easily hurt or damaged.
The elderly are more vulnerable to diseases and infections.
Not protected or covered; visible or accessible to danger or harm.
The soldiers were exposed to enemy fire and had to take cover.
Lacking physical or mental strength; not able to withstand pressure or force.
His immune system was weak and he caught a cold easily.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Vulnerable describes a state of being open to harm or damage, either physically or emotionally.
- 2Exposed refers to a lack of protection or cover, making one visible or accessible to danger or harm.
- 3Weak describes a lack of physical or mental strength, making one unable to withstand pressure or force.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Safety: Use vulnerable and exposed to talk about safety measures and precautions.
- 2Describe Health: Use weak to describe physical or mental conditions that affect one's well-being.
- 3Analyze Characters: Use these antonyms to analyze characters in literature or movies and understand their strengths and weaknesses.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Vulnerable conveys openness to harm, exposed denotes a lack of protection, and weak refers to a lack of strength. Use these words to discuss safety, describe health, and analyze characters in literature or movies.