What is the antonym of “jumpy”?
The antonyms of jumpy are calm and relaxed. The antonyms calm and relaxed convey a state of tranquility, peace, and composure. It implies a lack of nervousness, anxiety, or agitation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful and composed.
She took deep breaths to stay calm during the job interview.
Free from tension and anxiety; at ease.
He felt relaxed after spending the day at the beach.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm refers to a state of being free from agitation or strong emotions.
- 2Relaxed refers to a state of being free from tension and anxiety.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use calm and relaxed to describe a person's demeanor or behavior.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create contrasting characters and settings.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Calm conveys a state of being free from agitation or strong emotions, while relaxed refers to a state of being free from tension and anxiety. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich storytelling by creating contrasting characters and settings.