What is the antonym of “kickout”?
The antonyms of kickout are admit and welcome. The antonyms admit and welcome convey a positive or accepting action. It implies allowing someone to enter or stay in a place.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To allow someone to enter or stay in a place.
The bouncer refused to admit him into the club because he was not wearing proper attire.
To greet someone with pleasure or approval; to show hospitality.
The hostess was happy to welcome her guests into her home for dinner.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Admit is used when someone is allowed to enter or stay in a place.
- 2Welcome is used when someone is greeted with pleasure or approval.
Good things to know
- 1Hospitality: Use welcome to greet guests or visitors to your home or establishment.
- 2Permission: Use admit to allow someone to enter or stay in a place.
- 3Customer Service: Use welcome to make customers feel appreciated and valued.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Admit is used when someone is allowed to enter or stay in a place, while welcome is used when someone is greeted with pleasure or approval. Use these words in contexts related to hospitality, permission, and customer service.