What is the antonym of “kindest”?
The antonyms of kindest are cruel, harsh, and unkind. These antonyms convey a negative or unpleasant attitude towards others. They imply a lack of kindness, compassion, or consideration.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Willing to cause pain or suffering to others without remorse.
It was cruel of him to abandon his pet in the middle of the road.
Unpleasantly rough or severe; unkind or cruel.
His harsh words hurt her feelings and made her cry.
Lacking kindness or sympathy; not considerate or compassionate.
It was unkind of her to ignore her friend's calls when she needed help.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cruel implies a willingness to cause pain or suffering without remorse.
- 2Harsh suggests an unpleasantly rough or severe attitude towards others.
- 3Unkind denotes a lack of kindness, compassion, or consideration for others.
Good things to know
- 1Express Disapproval: Use cruel, harsh, and unkind to express disapproval of someone's behavior.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms in writing to add variety and depth to your language.