Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Being enough or as much as needed; meeting the requirements.
The company provided sufficient training to its employees to ensure they could perform their job well.
Being enough in quantity, quality, or degree; sufficient for a specific purpose.
The hotel room was adequate for our needs, with a comfortable bed and clean bathroom.
As much or as many as needed; sufficient.
I have enough money to buy a new laptop.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sufficient implies that something meets the requirements or is enough to accomplish a specific task.
- 2Adequate suggests that something is enough in quantity, quality, or degree for a particular purpose.
- 3Enough simply means that there is an adequate amount or quantity of something.
Good things to know
- 1In Business: Use these antonyms to describe the quantity or quality of products or services.
- 2In Everyday Life: Use these antonyms to express satisfaction or dissatisfaction with the amount or quality of something.
- 3In Writing: Incorporate these antonyms to add variety and precision to your vocabulary.
The antonyms of kulang are sufficient, adequate, and enough. Use sufficient to describe something that meets the requirements, adequate to suggest that something is enough for a particular purpose, and enough to indicate that there is an adequate amount or quantity of something. These antonyms can be used in business, everyday life, and writing to add variety and precision to your vocabulary.