What is the antonym of “laborsome”?
The antonyms of laborsome are easy, effortless, and facile. These words describe tasks or activities that do not require much effort, energy, or difficulty.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not difficult; requiring little effort or exertion.
The math problem was so easy that even a child could solve it.
Requiring no physical or mental exertion; done with ease.
She played the piano piece effortlessly and received a standing ovation.
Appearing neat and comprehensive only by ignoring the true complexities of an issue; superficially simplistic.
His facile explanation of the economic crisis failed to convince the experts.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Easy describes something that is not difficult and requires little effort.
- 2Effortless describes something that is done with ease and without exertion.
- 3Facile describes something that appears simple but is actually superficial and ignores complexities.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create a more nuanced and varied style.
- 3Clarify Meaning: Use these antonyms to clarify the meaning of words and concepts in conversations and discussions.
The antonyms of laborsome describe tasks or activities that are not difficult and require little effort. Easy denotes simplicity, effortless implies ease, and facile suggests superficiality. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and clarify meaning in conversations and discussions.