What is the antonym of “languish”?
The antonyms of languish are thrive, flourish, and prosper. These words convey a positive state of growth, success, and well-being. They are the opposite of languish, which means to suffer from neglect, lack of progress, or vitality.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To grow vigorously and prosperously; to flourish.
The business started to thrive after they introduced new products and expanded their market.
To grow luxuriantly and abundantly; to prosper.
The garden flourished with colorful flowers and lush greenery, thanks to the gardener's care.
To succeed and thrive financially or socially; to do well.
The company prospered under the visionary leadership of its CEO, who expanded its reach and profitability.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Thrive emphasizes growth and vitality, often in a natural or organic way.
- 2Flourish emphasizes abundance and prosperity, often in a cultural or artistic context.
- 3Prosper emphasizes success and well-being, often in a financial or social context.
Good things to know
- 1Career Development: Use these antonyms to describe your goals and aspirations for personal and professional growth.
- 2Positive Thinking: Incorporate these antonyms in affirmations and self-talk to cultivate a positive mindset.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in descriptive writing to evoke vivid imagery and emotions.
The antonyms of languish are thrive, flourish, and prosper. These words convey a positive state of growth, success, and well-being. Use them to describe your goals and aspirations, cultivate a positive mindset, and create vivid imagery in writing.