What is the antonym of “lapsing”?
The antonyms of lapsing are continue, persist, and proceed. These words convey the opposite meaning of lapsing, which means to fall back into a previous state or condition.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To keep going without interruption or cessation.
She decided to continue studying for her exams even though she was tired.
To continue firmly in an opinion or course of action despite opposition or difficulty.
He persisted in his efforts to learn a new language, even though it was challenging.
To move forward or carry on with an action or process.
After finishing her breakfast, she proceeded to get dressed for work.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Continue implies that something is ongoing and uninterrupted.
- 2Persist suggests that someone is determined to continue despite obstacles or opposition.
- 3Proceed means to move forward with a plan or action.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express the opposite meaning of lapsing effectively.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to create variety and clarity.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your English skills.
The antonyms of lapsing are continue, persist, and proceed. These words convey the opposite meaning of lapsing and have distinct nuances. Use these words to enhance communication, improve writing, and enrich your vocabulary.