Definitions and Examples of right, correct, accurate
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Opposite of left; situated on the side of the body that is toward the east when one faces north.
Turn right at the traffic light to reach the shopping mall.
Free from error, mistake, or fault; in accordance with fact, truth, or standards.
Please provide the correct answer to the math problem.
Conforming exactly or almost exactly to a standard, measurement, or description.
The scientist's measurements were highly accurate and precise.
Key Differences: right vs correct vs accurate
- 1Right and left are directional antonyms that describe opposite sides of the body or space.
- 2Correct is an antonym that describes the absence of errors or mistakes.
- 3Accurate is an antonym that describes the degree of conformity to a standard or measurement.
Effective Usage of right, correct, accurate
- 1Navigation: Use right and left to give directions or navigate through a place.
- 2Communication: Use correct to indicate accuracy or precision in information or data.
- 3Measurement: Use accurate to describe the degree of conformity to a standard or measurement.
The antonyms of left are right, correct, and accurate. Use right and left for navigation, correct for accuracy, and accurate for conformity to a standard or measurement.