What is the antonym of “lopsidedness”?
The antonyms of lopsidedness are symmetry, balance, and evenness. The antonyms symmetry, balance, and evenness convey a sense of equality, proportion, and harmony. It implies a state of being well-proportioned, stable, and uniform.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being made up of exactly similar parts facing each other or around an axis; balance or proportion.
The butterfly's wings had perfect symmetry that made it look beautiful.
An even distribution of weight enabling someone or something to remain upright and steady.
The gymnast showed impressive balance while performing on the beam.
The quality of being flat, smooth, and regular in shape or arrangement.
The painter ensured the evenness of the wall before applying the final coat of paint.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Symmetry refers to the exact similarity of parts facing each other or around an axis.
- 2Balance refers to an even distribution of weight enabling someone or something to remain upright and steady.
- 3Evenness refers to the quality of being flat, smooth, and regular in shape or arrangement.
Good things to know
- 1Art and Design: Use symmetry to describe the balance and proportion of shapes and forms.
- 2Physical Activities: Use balance to describe the ability to maintain stability and control.
- 3Measurement and Construction: Use evenness to describe the uniformity and consistency of surfaces and structures.