What is the antonym of “lounged”?
The antonyms of lounged are work, hurry, and rush. These words convey a sense of activity, urgency, and productivity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To engage in physical or mental effort to achieve a purpose or result.
He had to work overtime to meet the deadline.
To move or act with speed or haste; to rush.
We need to hurry if we want to catch the train.
To move or act with great speed or urgency.
She had to rush to the hospital when she heard the news.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Work implies a sustained effort towards a goal or purpose.
- 2Hurry suggests a need for speed or urgency in completing a task.
- 3Rush conveys a sense of extreme urgency or haste.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Productivity: Use work, hurry, and rush to motivate yourself or others to be more productive.
- 2Express Urgency: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to convey a sense of urgency or importance.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these words in narratives to create tension and suspense.
The antonyms of lounged are work, hurry, and rush. These words have distinct meanings: Work implies sustained effort, hurry suggests a need for speed, and rush conveys extreme urgency. Use these words to enhance productivity, express urgency, and enrich writing by creating tension and suspense.