What is the antonym of “malodorant”?
The antonyms of malodorant are fragrant and sweet-smelling. The antonyms fragrant and sweet-smelling convey a positive or pleasant smell. It implies a pleasing or agreeable aroma.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a pleasant or sweet smell.
The garden was filled with fragrant flowers that perfumed the air.
Having a pleasant or agreeable smell.
The bakery was filled with the sweet-smelling aroma of freshly baked bread.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fragrant is a general term that describes a pleasant or sweet smell.
- 2Sweet-smelling is a more specific term that describes a smell that is agreeable or pleasing.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Descriptions: Use fragrant and sweet-smelling to describe pleasant smells effectively.
- 2Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Create Imagery: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid imagery and sensory details.