What is the antonym of “masterstroke”?
The antonyms of masterstroke are failure and fiasco. The antonyms failure and fiasco convey a negative outcome or result. They imply that something did not go as planned or expected.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of success in achieving a goal or objective.
The project was a failure due to poor planning and execution.
A complete failure or disaster, often resulting in ridicule or embarrassment.
The product launch turned out to be a fiasco when the new features didn't work as intended.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Failure is a general term that describes a lack of success in achieving a goal or objective.
- 2Fiasco is a more specific term that describes a complete failure or disaster, often resulting in ridicule or embarrassment.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use failure and fiasco to express negative outcomes effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension and conflict in stories.