The Opposite(Antonym) of “maturer”
The antonym of maturer is less mature, immature, and childish. These antonyms describe a lack of maturity, which is the quality of being fully developed or grown-up in terms of behavior, thoughts, and emotions.
Definitions and Examples of less mature, immature, childish
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not as developed or grown-up in terms of behavior, thoughts, and emotions as one should be at a certain age.
He was less mature than his peers and often acted impulsively.
Not fully developed or grown-up in terms of behavior, thoughts, and emotions; lacking the qualities of an adult.
Her immature behavior during the meeting made her colleagues question her professionalism.
Behaving in a way that is typical of a child, not appropriate for an adult.
His childish tantrums were becoming increasingly intolerable for his family.
Key Differences: less mature vs immature vs childish
- 1Less mature implies a lower level of development than expected for a certain age.
- 2Immature suggests a lack of adult-like qualities such as responsibility, emotional stability, and rational thinking.
- 3Childish describes behavior that is typical of a child and not appropriate for an adult.
Effective Usage of less mature, immature, childish
- 1Personal Development: Use these antonyms to reflect on your own level of maturity and identify areas for improvement.
- 2Education: Incorporate these antonyms in language learning to expand vocabulary and improve communication skills.
- 3Parenting: Utilize these antonyms to understand your child's behavior and help them develop mature qualities.
The antonyms of maturer are less mature, immature, and childish. These words describe a lack of maturity, with nuances ranging from a lower level of development to inappropriate behavior. Use these antonyms to reflect on personal development, improve communication skills, and understand child behavior.