What is the antonym of “merger”?
The antonyms of merger are division, separation, and split. These words convey the opposite meaning of combining or joining together.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act or process of separating something into parts or groups.
The division of labor in the company was not well-defined, causing confusion among employees.
The act or state of being apart from something or someone.
The couple's separation was amicable, and they agreed to share custody of their children.
To break or divide something into two or more parts.
The board members decided to split the company into two separate entities.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Division refers to the act of separating something into parts or groups.
- 2Separation denotes the state of being apart from something or someone.
- 3Split is a verb that describes the action of breaking or dividing something into two or more parts.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms to describe different business strategies and decisions.
- 2Relationships: Incorporate these antonyms to describe different stages of relationships.
- 3Politics: Utilize these antonyms to describe different political ideologies and policies.
The antonyms of merger are division, separation, and split. These words have distinct meanings and can be used in various contexts such as business, relationships, and politics. Use them to describe different strategies, stages, and ideologies.