What is the antonym of “meritless”?
The antonyms of meritless are worthy, valuable, and useful. The antonyms worthy, valuable, and useful convey a positive or beneficial quality. It implies that something has value, importance, or usefulness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Deserving respect, admiration, or attention because of one's qualities or achievements.
She is a worthy candidate for the scholarship because of her excellent academic record.
Having great worth or usefulness; important or beneficial.
The antique vase is very valuable because it is rare and in good condition.
Able to be used for a practical purpose or in several ways.
The new software is very useful because it saves time and makes work easier.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Worthy describes something that deserves respect or admiration because of its qualities or achievements.
- 2Valuable describes something that has great worth or usefulness.
- 3Useful describes something that can be used for a practical purpose or in several ways.
Good things to know
- 1Express Appreciation: Use worthy, valuable, and useful to express appreciation for something or someone.
- 2Make Recommendations: Use these antonyms to recommend something or someone that has value or usefulness.
- 3Highlight Benefits: Use these antonyms to highlight the benefits of something or someone.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Worthy conveys respect or admiration, valuable denotes great worth or usefulness, and useful refers to practicality. Use these words to express appreciation, make recommendations, and highlight benefits of something or someone.