What is the antonym of “metamorphosis”?
The antonyms of metamorphosis are stagnation and stasis. The antonyms stagnation and stasis convey a lack of change or development. It implies a state of inactivity, immobility, or lack of progress.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A state of little or no change, activity, or development.
The company's profits have been in stagnation for the past few years.
A state of balance or equilibrium; a lack of movement or progress.
The political situation in the country has been in stasis for months.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Stagnation refers to a lack of change or development, often in economic or business contexts.
- 2Stasis refers to a state of balance or equilibrium, often in scientific or medical contexts.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use stagnation to describe a lack of growth or development in a company or industry.
- 2Science: Use stasis to describe a state of balance or equilibrium in a biological or chemical system.
- 3Politics: Use stasis to describe a lack of progress or change in a political situation or policy.
The antonyms of metamorphosis are stagnation and stasis. Use stagnation to describe a lack of growth or development in business contexts, and stasis to describe a state of balance or equilibrium in scientific or medical contexts. Use these words to enrich your vocabulary and communicate more effectively.