What is the antonym of “micrometrical”?
The antonyms of micrometrical are imprecise, inaccurate, and rough. These antonyms convey a lack of precision or accuracy in measurement or calculation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not exact or accurate; lacking precision.
The map was imprecise and did not show the correct location of the town.
Not correct or true; containing errors or mistakes.
The weather forecast was inaccurate and did not predict the storm that hit the city.
Lacking smoothness or refinement; not exact or precise.
The carpenter's measurements were rough and he had to redo the work several times.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Imprecise suggests a lack of exactness or accuracy, but not necessarily containing errors or mistakes.
- 2Inaccurate implies that something is not correct or true and contains errors or mistakes.
- 3Rough describes something that is not exact or precise and lacks smoothness or refinement.
Good things to know
- 1Science and Mathematics: Use these antonyms to describe measurements or calculations that are not precise or accurate.
- 2Writing and Editing: Incorporate these antonyms to describe writing that is not clear or accurate.
- 3Daily Life: Use these antonyms to describe situations where precision or accuracy is important, such as cooking or construction.
The antonyms of micrometrical are imprecise, inaccurate, and rough. These antonyms convey a lack of precision or accuracy in measurement or calculation. Use these words to describe situations where precision or accuracy is important, such as in science, mathematics, writing, editing, cooking, or construction.