What is the antonym of “misbehave”?
The antonyms of misbehave are behave and be good. The antonyms behave and be good convey a positive or well-behaved action. It implies following rules, being polite, and showing good manners.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To act in a socially acceptable way; to follow rules or norms.
The students were asked to behave during the school assembly.
To act in a well-behaved manner; to show good manners or behavior.
The parents told their children to be good while they were away.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Behave is a general term that describes acting in a socially acceptable way.
- 2Be good is a more specific term that describes showing good manners or behavior.
Good things to know
- 1Teaching: Use these antonyms to teach children about good behavior and manners.
- 2Parenting: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations with children to encourage good behavior.
- 3Discipline: Use these antonyms to reinforce positive behavior and discourage negative behavior.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Behave conveys a general sense of socially acceptable behavior, while be good refers to showing good manners or behavior. Use these words to teach children about good behavior and manners, encourage positive behavior, and discourage negative behavior.