What is the antonym of “misgive”?
The antonyms of misgive are trust, confidence, and certainty. The antonyms trust, confidence, and certainty convey a positive or assured emotional state. It implies a sense of belief, faith, or conviction.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
I trust my best friend with my deepest secrets.
A feeling of self-assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities or qualities.
She has confidence in her public speaking skills.
Firm conviction that something is the case.
There is no certainty that he will show up on time.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Trust is a relational term that describes a belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
- 2Confidence is a personal term that describes a feeling of self-assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities or qualities.
- 3Certainty is a term that describes a firm conviction that something is the case.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use trust, confidence, and certainty to express positive emotions effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.