What is the antonym of “mishappen”?
The antonyms of mishappen are succeed and prosper. The antonyms succeed and prosper convey a positive outcome or achievement. It implies a successful or fortunate event.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To achieve a desired goal or outcome; to accomplish something.
After years of hard work, he finally succeeded in starting his own business.
To thrive or flourish; to be successful or fortunate in one's endeavors.
The company prospered under the new management and saw a significant increase in profits.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Succeed is a verb that describes achieving a specific goal or outcome.
- 2Prosper is a verb that describes thriving or flourishing in general, often in a financial sense.
Good things to know
- 1Encourage Motivation: Use succeed and prosper to inspire and motivate others to achieve their goals.
- 2Express Gratitude: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to express gratitude for success and good fortune.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create characters who experience success or failure.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Succeed conveys achieving a specific goal, while prosper denotes thriving or flourishing in general. Use these words to encourage motivation, express gratitude, and enrich writing by creating relatable characters who experience success or failure.