Key Differences: bald vs hairless
- 1Bald specifically refers to the absence of hair on the head, while hairless refers to the absence of hair on the body.
- 2Bald is a complementary antonym, meaning it is the opposite of having hair on the head, while hairless is a gradable antonym, meaning it can be used to describe varying degrees of hairlessness.
Effective Usage of bald, hairless
- 1Describing Physical Appearance: Use bald or hairless to describe someone's physical appearance.
- 2Comparing Animals: Use hairless to compare different breeds of animals that have no fur or hair.
- 3Medical Terminology: Use bald or hairless in medical terminology to describe hair loss or alopecia.
The antonyms of nappy are bald and hairless. Bald refers to the absence of hair on the head, while hairless refers to the absence of hair on the body. Use these words to describe physical appearance, compare animals, or in medical terminology.