The Opposite(Antonym) of “needlessness”
The antonyms of needlessness are necessity and essentiality. The antonyms necessity and essentiality convey the importance or requirement of something. It implies that something is needed or required for a particular purpose.
Definitions and Examples of necessity, essentiality
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state or fact of being required or indispensable.
Water is a necessity for human survival.
The quality of being absolutely necessary or indispensable.
Good communication skills are an essentiality for a successful career.
Key Differences: necessity vs essentiality
- 1Necessity refers to something that is required or indispensable.
- 2Essentiality refers to something that is absolutely necessary or indispensable.
Effective Usage of necessity, essentiality
- 1Academic Writing: Use necessity and essentiality to emphasize the importance of a concept or idea.
- 2Business Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in emails or reports to convey the importance of a project or task.
- 3Daily Conversation: Utilize these antonyms to express the importance of something in your daily life.
The antonyms have similar meanings: necessity and essentiality both convey the importance or requirement of something. Use these words in academic writing, business communication, and daily conversation to emphasize the importance of a concept or idea.