What is the antonym of “angry”?
The antonyms of angry are calm, content, and pleased. The antonyms calm, content, and pleased convey a positive or peaceful emotional state. It implies a lack of anger, frustration, or irritation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a deep breath and tried to remain calm despite the chaos around her.
Feeling satisfied with one's situation, status, or achievements.
After years of hard work, he finally felt content with his life.
Feeling happy about something that has happened or been done.
She was pleased with the results of her project and received compliments from her colleagues.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm describes a peaceful state of mind without any strong emotions.
- 2Content describes a feeling of satisfaction with one's situation or achievements.
- 3Pleased describes a feeling of happiness about something that has happened or been done.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use content and pleased to express gratitude and appreciation.
- 2Stay Composed: Use calm to describe a peaceful state of mind and encourage others to stay composed in stressful situations.
- 3Resolve Conflicts: Use these antonyms to resolve conflicts and promote peace in relationships.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Calm conveys a peaceful state of mind, content denotes satisfaction, and pleased refers to happiness about something that has happened. Use these words to express gratitude, stay composed in stressful situations, and resolve conflicts to promote peace in relationships.