What is the antonym of “antecede”?
The antonym of antecede is follow and succeed. The antonyms follow and succeed convey a different meaning to antecede, which means to come before in time or order.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To come after in time or order; to go or come after a person or thing.
The parade was led by the marching band, and the floats followed behind.
To achieve a desired outcome or goal; to take over a position or role from someone else.
After years of hard work, she finally succeeded in getting her dream job.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Follow means to come after in time or order, while antecede means to come before.
- 2Succeed means to achieve a desired outcome or goal, while antecede refers to the order of events.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create more precise and nuanced descriptions.
- 3Enrich Learning: Utilize these antonyms to deepen your understanding of language and concepts.
The antonyms have distinct meanings: Follow means to come after, succeed means to achieve a goal, while antecede means to come before. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your learning experience.