What is the antonym of “antes”?
The antonyms of antes in Spanish are after and later. The antonyms after and later convey a sense of time that comes after a specific moment or event.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Following in time or place; later than.
We can go to the movies after we finish our homework.
At a time in the future; subsequently.
I will call you later when I have more information.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1After refers to a specific moment or event that has already happened, while later refers to a general time in the future.
- 2After is used as a preposition, while later is used as an adverb.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use after and later to indicate specific times in conversations.
- 2Plan Ahead: Incorporate these antonyms in planning activities to establish a clear timeline.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create a sense of time and sequence of events.
The antonyms after and later convey a sense of time that comes after a specific moment or event. Use these words to enhance communication, plan ahead, and enrich writing by creating a sense of time and sequence of events.