What is the antonym of “antitheological”?
The antonym of antitheological is theological, religious, and faithful. These antonyms convey a positive or affirmative attitude towards religion, faith, or belief in a higher power.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to the study of God, religious beliefs, and the nature of the divine.
The professor's lectures on theological concepts were always thought-provoking and insightful.
Related to or concerned with religion; having a strong belief in a particular religion or deity.
She was a religious person who attended church every Sunday and observed all the religious holidays.
Loyal, devoted, and steadfast in one's allegiance or commitment to a person, cause, or belief.
He was a faithful follower of his religion and never wavered in his devotion to its teachings.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Theological refers to the study of religious beliefs and the nature of the divine.
- 2Religious describes a strong belief in a particular religion or deity.
- 3Faithful denotes loyalty and steadfastness in one's commitment to a person, cause, or belief.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use theological to describe the study of religious beliefs and practices.
- 2Personal Beliefs: Use religious to describe one's strong belief in a particular religion or deity.
- 3Commitment and Loyalty: Use faithful to describe one's loyalty and steadfastness in their commitment to a person, cause, or belief.