What is the antonym of “arduous”?
The antonyms of arduous are easy, effortless, and simple. These words convey the opposite meaning of arduous, which means difficult, tiring, or requiring a lot of effort.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not difficult; requiring little effort or exertion.
The test was easy for her because she had studied well in advance.
Requiring no physical or mental exertion; done with ease.
She completed the task effortlessly because it was something she had done many times before.
Easily understood or done; not complicated.
The recipe was simple to follow, even for someone who had never cooked before.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Easy implies that a task is not difficult and requires little effort.
- 2Effortless implies that a task is so easy that it requires no effort at all.
- 3Simple implies that a task is not complicated and can be easily understood or done.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to describe tasks or activities that require different levels of effort.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to add variety and clarity to your sentences.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your English skills.
The antonyms of arduous are easy, effortless, and simple. These words have distinct nuances and can be used to describe tasks or activities that require different levels of effort. Use them to enhance communication, improve writing, and enrich your vocabulary.