What is the antonym of “assiduousness”?
The antonyms of assiduousness are negligence and carelessness. The antonyms negligence and carelessness convey a lack of attention, effort, or care. They imply a failure to take responsibility or complete tasks effectively.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Failure to take proper care in doing something.
The accident was caused by the driver's negligence in checking his brakes.
Lack of attention or caution; not taking enough care in doing something.
Her carelessness with the company's confidential information led to a security breach.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Negligence implies a failure to take proper care or responsibility in doing something.
- 2Carelessness implies a lack of attention or caution in doing something.
Good things to know
- 1Workplace: Use assiduousness to describe an employee who is diligent and hardworking, and negligence or carelessness to describe someone who is not careful or responsible.
- 2Academic: Use these antonyms to describe students' work habits and performance.
- 3Legal: Use negligence to describe a failure to exercise reasonable care, and carelessness to describe a lack of attention or caution that results in harm.
The antonyms of assiduousness are negligence and carelessness. Use assiduousness to describe a diligent and hardworking person, and negligence or carelessness to describe someone who is not careful or responsible. These antonyms can be used in various contexts such as workplace, academic, and legal settings.